My husband and I love green beans, but unfortunately, my kids do not. The only green vegetables they like are broccoli and lima beans. So, we eat those a lot. I mean, a LOT! I convinced them to try one bite of these roasted green beans since they love roasted broccoli. And, friends, we have some new green bean lovers! My 8 year old daughter asked for seconds. And thirds!! So, if you have picky eaters (whether young or old!), give these roasted green beans a try! This really isn’t a “recipe”, but more of a method, so feel free to play around with it!
Roasted Green Beans #1
- 1 lb fresh green beans (remove strings if needed)
- olive oil
Toss beans in olive oil and place on sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in a 450 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, turning once, until parts of the beans are deep golden brown and are tender.
Roasted Green Beans #2 – Roasted Summer Veggies
- Fresh green beans (remove strings if needed)
- yellow squash, cut into large chunks
- carrots, cut into small chunks
- potatoes, cut into small chunks
- zucchini, cut into large chunks
- bell pepper, cut into small chunks
- olive oil
Toss all vegetables in olive oil and place on sheet pan. Roast at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until all veggies are somewhat golden and tender.