This slightly spicy dish goes great with the Monterey Cheese Bread I posted about Wednesday!
Fire Island Pasta
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 uncooked ziti (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Toss the tomatoes with 2 tbsp of the oil. Place on a large baking sheet and toss with garlic and salt. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Let cool and chop into bite size pieces.
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add red pepper flakes; cook one minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and heat through. Drain pasta mixture; toss with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.